Sign up for an online course, get a certification, or just fill in some gaps in your knowledge - all at your own pace.
Lynda.com - FREE (only available for staff)
Lynda.com is an on-demand learning solution designed to help you gain new skills and advance your career.
- Unlimited access. Choose from more than 5,000 video tutorials covering business, creative and
- technology topics.
- Personalised recommendations. Explore the most in-demand skills based on your experience.
- Expert instructors. Learn from industry leaders, all in one place.
- Convenient learning. Access courses on your schedule, from any desktop or mobile device.
- Helpful resources. Reinforce new knowledge with quizzes, exercise files and coding practice windows.
Further Lynda.com info and help
- How University of Otago staff log into Lynda.com
- Watch this video on How to use Lynda.com.
- See a list of Lynda.com courses by IT training categories.
(This is funded by IT Training and Development and is FREE for all University of Otago staff and students)
Wide range of computer applications and some professional skills
- Access from any computer, tablet or mobile device with an Internet connection.
- Go to www.goskills.com/coupon and enter code OU2019. Then sign up or log in to your account.
- The email address for your account must end in otago.ac.nz
- Available until the end of 2018.
Microsoft Office Specialist
IT Training and Development is a certified testing centre for Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) exams. Online exam prep is available as part of the exam cost. If you are interested in sitting one of these exams, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
NVivo from QSR International
QSR International have two, one-week online NVivo courses available. These courses are free, but you must request a voucher (numbers limited) via email@example.com Then QSR can provide the Windows or Mac version of the course for you.