The Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Global Studies is a multidisciplinary major subject that brings together regional knowledge, language and cultural competencies, and a special area of study to address issues of global significance.
You will be assigned a mentor who oversees the selection of a course of study within a specific area of concentration. In your final year, you – with your mentor's guidance and support – will work on individual projects, and will also be offered the opportunity to complete internships with either local or international employers, in governmental institutions, NGOs, and private sectors.
- The core Global Studies (GLBL) papers
- The language-acquisition papers, and
- Papers in the area you would like to focus on – talk to your mentor about your options
- GLBL101 Introduction to Intercultural Communication
- GLBL201 or GLBL301 Cultures of the Environment
- GLBL202 or GLBL302 A World of Stories: Global Storytelling in the Digital Age
Choose one or more languages to learn.
Please note: if you have previous knowledge of language study, contact us and we will help you choose the most suitable papers.
- Introductory papers: CHIN 131; CHIN 132
- Intermediate papers: CHIN 231; CHIN 232
- Advanced papers: CHIN 334; CHIN 335
- Introductory papers: FREN 131; FREN 132
- Intermediate papers: FREN 232; FREN 233
- Advanced papers: FREN 333; FREN 334; FREN 335; FREN 336
- Introductory papers: GERM 131; GERM 132
- Intermediate papers: GERM 230; GERM 231
- Advanced papers: GERM 331; GERM 333; GERM 334; GERM 335
- Introductory papers: JAPA 131; JAPA 132
- Intermediate papers: JAPA 231; JAPA 233
- Advanced papers: JAPA 331; JAPA 332; JAPA 334; JAPA 351
- Introductory papers: MAOR 111; MAOR 112
- Intermediate papers: MAOR 211; MAOR 212
- Advanced papers: MAOR 311; MAOR 312
- Introductory papers: SPAN 131; SPAN 132
- Intermediate papers: SPAN 231; SPAN 232; SPAN 233
- Advanced papers: SPAN 331; SPAN 332
Talk to the Global Studies co-ordinator and your mentor about your options.
Regional focus papers
Each year choose two to three papers from one of three regions:
Career pathways papers
Choose three to five papers from the following career pathways: