Selected topics in the law relating to contracts involving the sale of land and the transfer of title.
Vendor and Purchaser is a practically orientated course which deals generally with the sale and purchase of land. The course focuses on the standard form Agreement for Sale and Purchase in use in New Zealand, particularly, the formation of such agreements and a number of issues associated with their operation. It also examines other issues in real property, such as cross leases and unit titles.
|Paper title||Vendor and Purchaser|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2021, expected to be offered in 2022 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$679.70|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,212.40|
- LAWS 203 and 66 further LAWS points
- Pre or Corequisite
- Any 200-level LAWS paper not already passed
- Limited to
- LLB, LLB(Hons)
- Not all optional papers will be available in any given year.
- More information link
- View more information on the Faculty of Law's website
- Teaching staff
- Dr Ben France-Hudson
Course materials are provided electronically via Blackboard.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper should
- Develop a sound understanding of how agreements for the sale and purchase of land come to be formed and how they operate once formed