Information on how to avoid fines and how to pay them if incurred.
How to pay library fines
Credit/debit card (incurs 1.55% transaction fee)
- Sign in to My Library account
- Go to Fines or Overview and select the Pay icon to start the transaction
- Once payment is complete, and your library record updated, a receipt will be emailed to you
Any enquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Otago's bank account number is: 03-0175-0660238-00. Most New Zealand banks have the University of Otago in their searchable list of online banking payees.
Please include these details so your payment can be correctly assigned and tracked.
- Surname/Family name
- Username (eg. samsa698)
- "LIBRARY FINE"
- Email us email@example.com - Your fine will be cleared when your payment is processed by the University Cashiers.
- Make the cheque out to the University of Otago
- Include your Username with the cheque
University of Otago Library
PO Box 56
Fines begin to accumulate as soon as items become overdue. To avoid fines, renew your items.
|Type||Fine rate (per item)||Notes|
|Regular loan items||No fines||Applies to all|
|Recalled items||$3.00 per day||Applies to all|
|3 day loan items||$1.00 per day||Staff: no fines|
|High Demand items (Course Reserve)||$6.00 per hour (10 cents per minute)||Applies to all|
|Lost item replacement costs||$100.00 default + $25.00 Admin fee||Applies to all|