EndNote is software used to manage bibliographic citations in your citation style of choice.
Use EndNote to:
- Organise references
- Cite references in papers
- Automatically generate bibliographies
There are three ways to use EndNote with University of Otago Library databases:
- Export references directly into EndNote (Recommended). Instructions.
- Export your database references as a text file, then import them into EndNote using an Import Filter (see instructions).
- Connect to a database using an EndNote connection file and import references directly into EndNote.
Import filters facilitate importing references into EndNote. References are saved within a database as a text file, then imported into EndNote. This method utilises specific features of each database as opposed to being limited by EndNote's search interface.
Connection files enable the searching of databases via EndNote. References are imported direct from the database into EndNote. However, the EndNote search is not as powerful as most database search interfaces.
- Connection files or import filters: email@example.com
- Using EndNote / importing references into Word: ITS Helpdesk
- For help using EndNote with Library databases please contact your Subject Librarian.
ITS EndNote Training
- EndNote - free for university staff