BBA, PhD (National University of Ireland, Maynooth)
Room: OBS 620
Tel: +64 3 479 8054
Dr Tadhg Ryan-Charleton is a Lecturer in Strategic Management and Entrepreneurship. His research focuses on the dynamics, mechanisms and safeguards that enable value creation and value capture in inter-firm relationships. Prior to joining Otago, Tadhg was a Fulbright Scholar at the Pamplin College of Business, Virginia Tech and he earned his PhD at the National University of Ireland, Maynooth. Tadhg’s research has been recognized with national and international awards from institutions such as the Fulbright Commission, Irish Research Council, Emerald Literati Awards, John F. Kennedy Fund, John and Pat Hume Awards and Enterprise, Ireland.
- MANT251 Managing Organisations
- MANT303 Entrepreneurship
- Inter-firm cooperative relationships
- Competitive dynamics.
- The interplay between competition and cooperation in inter-firm relationships.
Currently accepting postgraduate research proposals (MCom and PhD) from outstanding candidates with overlapping interests.
- Gnyawali, D.R. & Ryan Charleton, T. (2018). ‘Nuances in the interplay of competition and cooperation: Towards a theory of coopetition’, Journal of Management, 44(7): 2511-2534.
- Ryan Charleton, T., Gnyawali, D.R. & Galavan R.J. (2018). ‘Theoretical perspectives of coopetition’, In Fernandez A-S, Chiambaretto P, Le Roy F, & Czakon W (Eds) Routledge Companion to Coopetition Strategy. Routledge, UK: 23-35.
- Coordinator of the PGDipCom in Management
- Coordinator of the Entrepreneurship Minor
- Coordinator of MANT480