BSc MCom PGDipTertT PhD(Otago)
Room: OBS 712
Tel: 64 3 479 8052
Virginia teaches in the area of business communication, management functions and international management. Her research interests are in mediation, conflict resolution, intercultural communication and negotiation and the management of sporting bodies.
Read about Virginia and others from the Department's research about the future of work in 'Dateline Dunedin 2063' page 34 of the Otago Magazine 36.
Read the Future of Work Research Centre report (PDF, 2.4MB), Future of Work: Dunedin, and visit the blog that contains the latest news, reports and presentations from this research team in the department.
Virginia is currently studying towards a PhD on the topic: An Exploration of Intercultural Communication Competence (ICC) in Global Virtual Teams using a Mixed Method Approach.
Her supervisors are: Professor Elizabeth Rose, Dr. Erika Pearson, Media, Film & Communication
Virginia’s teaching responsibilities include:
- MANT217 International Management
- MANT222 Interpersonal/International Business Communication
- MANT455 Leadership Development
- PHCY346 Professional Pharmacy Practice B
- Negotiation, Mediation and Conflict Resolution, Intercultural Negotiation, Changing Nature of Work
- Workplace Communication, Group Processes & Team Facilitation, Cross Cultural Teams
- Intercultural Communication, Global Virtual Team, Multicultural Virtual Teams