Strategic evaluation of the role of people within organisations, critique of the motive behind how people act and critical engagement with literature to improve people practices.
The Department of Management 400-level papers are currently being updated. For more information, please email Dr Conor O'Kane
|Paper title||Human Resource Management|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,058.71|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,692.94|
- 72 300-level MANT points
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Management's website
- Teaching staff
- Co-ordinators: Dr Fiona Edgar and Dr Paula O'Kane
- Teaching Arrangements
- Lectures, small group discussions and readings, case analysis and interaction with outside organisations.
- Text books are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Evaluate the literature on people practices in organisations
- Use literature to support critical arguments for people practice improvements
- Be creative in your approach to understanding people management
- Take into account the wider environment when strategically thinking about people management