For general advice on research requiring University of Otago vessels, email Vessel Manager Committee Chair Professor Steve Wing.
Key steps for University of Otago staff to book a vessel
- Check the Calendar for the Vessel you are booking for availability.To access the Marine Science vessel shared calendars in Outlook/WebmailRight-click on the Shared Calendars header under My Calendars
• Go to the Add Calendar option and select how you want to open the calendar
• Open Shared Calendar – click on Name to find an email address in the address book, or type an email address directly into the box
• email@example.com for RV Beryl Brewin
• firstname.lastname@example.org for RV Moki
• email@example.com for RV Naiad
• firstname.lastname@example.org for RV Polaris
• email@example.com for RV Tuhura
- Complete your Cruise Plan and submit it. (We recommend using Adobe Reader to use our editable PDF forms. Please ensure you use an up to date version of Adobe Reader. Additionally, the Adobe Preview function in your browser may not have editing facilities. In this case, please download the form and open it on your computer to edit and save the form).
- The Cruise Plan will be submitted to the vessel management committee for consideration. Ideally this will occur 2 months prior to your proposed cruise, and you should expect feedback and/or approval within 2 weeks. We need at least 2 weeks notice of your request to allow time for processing.
- Your vessel booking and cruise plan will then receive final approval if all is in order (within a week).
- On return, complete and return post-cruise reporting using your original Cruise Plan to firstname.lastname@example.org within 2 weeks of the completion of the voyage.
At any stage you can also discuss your plans with the Vessel Skippers. Proposers are also welcome to attend the monthly Vessel Management Meetings to discuss their cruise proposal or plan.
Vessel skipper contact details
mob +64 21 283 7735
mob +64 21 275 4772
mob +64 21 279 5814
Proposers are also welcome to attend the monthly Vessel Management Meetings to discuss their cruise proposal or plan.
Please contact us direct for vessel pricing.
From the wharf-cam at Portobello check out the harbour and island views. See what boats are in and what's going on at the end of the wharf.
Photos of the vessels for hire
RV Polaris II.
RV Beryl Brewin.