The Department of Marketing at Otago has a strong research focus
We are one of Australasia’s largest, most productive and successful departments. Marketing at Otago develops and delivers large scale longitudinal research projects across a wide range of marketing topics.
Read on to discover:
The Department of Marketing at Otago recognises the importance of strong international collaboration and a cross-disciplinary approach in producing world-class research. Our research focuses on finding novel approaches to solving the economic and social problems of today.
The Department attracts substantial research income from a variety of sources, internal and external to the University. For more information on Marketing research at Otago, please read:
- A list of departmental publications for the current and previous years
- The Department of Marketing Research Report 2012 (PDF, 614KB)
- The Department of Marketing staff areas of expertise
Our overarching goal is to provide answers that make a difference to the lives of people in business and the community, and to the lives of our students. Our staff make a positive, direct contribution to the academic and wider community through:
- Their presence on numerous editorial boards
- Their contributions to the international marketing community with their ad hoc review work
- Serving on several national and international committees – ensuring their research findings make a difference to the lives of people in business and the community, and allowing them to maintain the relevance of their ongoing research
- Supervising research projects for local businesses and offering a consultancy service
The Department of Marketing Seminar Series is a regular feature in our academic calendar. Presenters include staff from the Department of Marketing and other faculties as well as scholars visiting from other Universities.
If you have any questions or require further information, please contact Dr John Williams: email@example.com
Our thriving PhD programme continues to grow in quality. We have raised our admission standards and undertake more cross-disciplinary supervision. For more information on PhD marketing research at Otago, please read: