MA (Oxon), MBA (Indiana), PhD (Otago)
Room 4.20 Otago Business School
Tel +64 3 479 8161
Before joining the Department, Rob had experience in a wide variety of management positions in the agricultural and banking industries, both in the United Kingdom and United States.
He currently teaches and supervises in food marketing and product management, with a heavy emphasis on practical approaches to the problems that are encountered in these areas. He is also active in public good and environmental research in the food industry.
Rob is also a member of Food Waste Innovation, a University of Otago Research Theme which measures food waste, develops reduction strategies, applies innovative technology, and works to modify producer and consumer behaviour.
If you are a research student, Rob would be glad to hear from you if you are interested in the following areas:
- Any aspect of food marketing and consumer behaviour
- Package/food waste reduction
- Public good food and dietary marketing
- Historical, political and military marketing/diplomacy
Rob’s teaching responsibilities include:
- AGRI 101 Agricultural Innovation
- ENTR 412 Feasibility Study
- FOSC 112 Introduction to Food Marketing
- HUNT 244 Foodservice Environments
- MART 211 Products to Market
- MART 463 Graduate Food Marketing
Rob also supervises MMart, MCom, DBA, and PhD students.
Rob’s Office Hours are: