Title of Research: Value co-creation: Role of actor’s competence and motivation
Qualifications: BBA, MBA, MS (Marketing, Pakistan)
Area of PhD Research: Service Marketing, Competence, Motivation
Start of PhD: December 2014
Short description of research topic:
Adopting a service perspective, the study examines the role of individual actors in value co-creation. A behavioral and psychological perspective is undertaken to understand an actor’s competence and motivation. A phenomenology-based ethnography is employed in a manufacturing firm. The findings seeks to help managers set critical behavioural and cognitive goals for increasing the impact of value to maximum beneficiaries.
- Waseem, D., Biggemann, S., & Garry, T. (2017). Value co-creation: The role of actor competence. Industrial Marketing Management. Advance online publication. doi: 10.1016/j.indmarman.2017.07.005
Refereed Conference Presentations:
- Waseem, D., Biggemann, S., & Garry, T. (2017). Role of JPM in value co-creation: service system perspective. Paper presented at the Australian and New Zealand Marketing Academy, Melbourne, Australia. Forthcoming.
- Waseem, D., Biggemann, S., & Garry, T. (2017). Psychological microfoundations of value generation. Paper presented at the 5th Naples Forum on Service, Naples, Italy.
- Waseem, D., Biggemann, S., & Mather, D. (2016). Impact of actor’s competence in value generation process of service logic. Paper presented at the 32nd IMP-Conference, Poznan, Poland.
- Waseem, D., Biggemann, S., & Mather, D. (2015). Role of Cross-Functional Actor's Interaction and Skills on the Value Co-Creation Process, Paper presented at the Australian and New Zealand Marketing Academy - Regional Doctoral Colloquium, Dunedin, New Zealand.
Honours and Awards:
- Otago School of Business – Doctoral Scholarship 2017
- Brooker United Travel Doctoral Travel Scholarship 2017 (for commerce division)
- Conference Paper presented at the Proceedings of the 32nd IMP-Conference, Poznan, Poland was invited for journal’s special issue
- Academic Supervisor – (Jul 2017 – Nov 2017) at College of Enterprise and Development, Otago Polytechnic, Dunedin, New Zealand.
- Teaching Assistance – (Mar 2015 – Oct 2015) Department of Marketing, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand - 100 Level papers (Marketing Management and Marketing & Consumption)
- Tutor – (Mar 2015 – Nov 2015) Disability Information & Support Division, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand.
- Visiting Faculty – Final Year Project Supervisor (Part-time) (January 2013 – Oct 2014) at PAF-KIET in Karachi, Pakistan.
- Reviewer for Australian and New Zealand Marketing Academy (ANZMAC) Conference 2017 (Melbourne, Australia)
- Reviewer for European Marketing Academy (EMAC) Conference 2017 (Groningen, Netherland)
- Reviewer for Academy of Management Annual (AOM) Conference 2017 (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Judge for business case competition at University of Otago (2016) (Dunedin, New Zealand)
- Deputy Manager-Product & Marketing (Full time) (Jan 2012‐ Oct 2014) at Shabbir Tiles & Ceramics Ltd in Karachi, Pakistan.