BSc Econ (Hons) London, DipGrad, MCom, PhD (Otago)
Room: Otago Business School 4.18
Tel: +64 3 479 8196
David holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics, with honours, a DipGrad in Economics & Marketing and an MCom in Marketing completed in 2004 and in 2013 he completed his PhD. The research topic was based on study of how not-for-profit organisations market themselves and how marketing people within those organisations interact with other people and organisations.
David’s senior marketing management experience is extensive covering two of New Zealand’s largest food manufacturers and marketing companies, a major financial institution and a nationally known not-for-profit organisation.
He also supervises Masters students from time to time.
David has been recognised as one of the Top Ten teachers at the University of Otago for eight of the last ten years, most recently in 2014 in the Otago University Students’ Association (OUSA) annual teaching awards based on student nominations and votes. In 2015 he received a special award from OUSA in recognition of his teaching excellence.
David’s teaching responsibilities include:
- FOSC112 Food Marketing (Semester 2)
- MART112 Marketing Management (Second Semester)
- MART201 Integrated Marketing Communications (Semester Two)
- MART205 Marketing the Professional Practice (Semester 2)
- MART211 Products to Markets (Second Semester)
- MART328 Business to Business Marketing (Second Semester)
David’s Office Hours are
Monday: 1pm to 2pm
Tuesday: 12pm to 12.30pm