Have you completed an undergraduate qualification and want to continue with postgraduate study to further explore an area that truly fascinates you?
Develop your understanding of Statistics to a high level and be part of the latest research in the field.
Your advanced qualification will provide you with a great advantage when applying for jobs, or you can use it as the basis for an academic career.
Choose the best postgraduate qualification for you
We offer the following postgraduate study options in Statistics:
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours (BA(Hons))
- Bachelor of Science with Honours (BSc(Hons))
- Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Science (PGCertAppSc)
- Diploma for Graduates (DipGrad)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Arts Subjects (PGDipArts)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Science (PGDipSci)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Science (PGDipAppSc)
- Master of Applied Science (MAppSC)
- Master of Arts (Thesis) (MA(Thesis))
- Master of Science (MSc)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Otago also offers a postgraduate qualification in Quantitative Genetics through the Masters of Applied Science Programme. This programme uses statistical methods to understand the complexities of genetic inheritance.
Find out more about studying Quantitative Genetics
At the Department of Mathematics and Statistics, we have a strong research culture. Starting with a sound background of coursework, our postgraduate students have the opportunity to contribute to existing fields or to develop new areas of research.
Explore research opportunities at the Department of Mathematics and Statistics
Find out more about studying postgraduate Statistics
To find out more about these degrees and diplomas, or to get general advice on which course of study is right for you, please contact the relevant Director of Studies.