The on-campus full-time Otago MBA is fantastic value for money. For those considering coming to New Zealand from another country, the total investment required to complete the Otago MBA, including fees and all living costs (such as rent, food, power, and entertainment) is approximately NZ$80,000.
Phase One of the programme is comprised of 12 papers (courses) each valued at 15 points (academic credits).
Phase Two has a number of options (e.g. business project, international exchange, electives) and has a total value of 60 points.
Approximate fee scenario assuming two years of study:
|Phase 1 (2020) (12 papers × NZ$2,230)||NZ$26,760|
|Phase 2 (2021 estimate)||NZ$9,366|
For international students who need to apply for student visa, you are required to pay the total tuition fees upfront. The total international tuition fees for the programme in 2020 will be NZD$57,960.
Typically international fees increase annually, recently by around 5 per cent per year.
Additional information about fees
- Fees are inclusive of 15% GST (New Zealand Goods and Services Tax)
- Tuition fees do not include any of the University's sundry charges (see below for indicative pricing)
- Some costs such as additional or specialised printing, stationery and special events or trips are not included in the fee.
Student Services Fee
The annual Student Services Fee incorporates charges for a range of services which are charged in addition to the above fee. These services include:
- Access to student gym facilities
- Subsidised health and counselling services for domestic students
- Access to OUSA support services and recreational facilities
- Access to University recreation services
- Internet access
Those staying on campus in the second year (Phase 2) will be invoiced for a second annual Student Services Fee at that time. Those continuing off campus may apply for an exemption.