The fundamental principles of transformational leadership, the impact of perception and motivation on individual and group performance, and how attitudes can impact on work experience and organisational performance.
This paper covers contemporary leadership and organisational behaviour theories and how they are applied in real situations.
|Paper title||Organisational Leadership|
|Points||15 points 15 points 15 points|
|Teaching period(s)||2nd Non standard period (15 April 2019 - 2 June 2019), 4th Non standard period (19 August 2019 - 6 October 2019), 1st Non standard period (4 March 2019 - 14 April 2019)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,186.13|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,450.00|
- Limited to
- PGDipBusAdmin, MBA, PGDipHealMgt, MHealSc, PGDipFBLM, MFBLM
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- Teaching staff
Convenor: Jessica Henry
- Course Reader
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, interdisciplinary perspective, lifelong learning, communication,
critical thinking, cultural understanding, ethics, information literacy, teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- On successfully completing the paper you will have gained a robust understanding of
- Effective group leadership
- The impact of personality on individual performance
- Leading and implementing change
- Leadership and changing work practices and processes
- Building career capital
- International careers and senior management career trajectories