A range of statistical tools from basic descriptive statistics to the more advanced methods available to support business analysis and decision making.
Fundamentals of the research process, and the statistical analysis and modelling of data, based on real-world business and management situations. BMBA 504 will equip students with tools that will help them to make better, data-based decisions.
|Paper title||Statistics and Decision Tools|
|Teaching period||1st Non standard period (22 April 2019 - 2 June 2019)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,186.13|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,861.13|
- Limited to
- DipBusAdmin, MBA, PGDipHealMgt, MHealSc, PGDipFBLM, MFBLM
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- Teaching staff
Convenor: Jessica Henry
- Course Reader
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication,
Critical thinking, Ethics, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students will develop a robust understanding of:
- Corporate governance
- Time value of money
- Markowitz diversification
- Capital asset pricing model (CAPM)
- Net present value vs. internal rate of return (NPV vs. IRR)
- Weighted average cost of capital
- Gordon dividend discount model
- Agency Costs
- Real Options
- Financial Planning
- Risk management