How HRM can contribute to the survival, adaptation and growth of organisations and a critical management perspective of HRM practices in order to make better management decisions.
Learn how good human resource management can contribute to the survival, adaptation and growth of organisations, and to evaluate and make judgements about human resource management policies and strategies.
|Paper title||Human Resource Management|
|Points||15 points 15 points 15 points|
|Teaching period(s)||1st Non standard period (11 February 2019 - 31 March 2019), 3rd Non standard period (17 June 2019 - 4 August 2019), 1st Non standard period (22 April 2019 - 2 June 2019)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,186.13|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,450.00|
- Limited to
- DipBusAdmin, MBA, PGDipHealMgt, MHealSc, PGDipFBLM, MFBLM
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- Teaching staff
Convenor: Jessica Henry
- Course Reader
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication,
Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy, Information
literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- By the end of the course you will be able to demonstrate:
- An understanding how human resource management can contribute to the survival, adaptation and growth of organisations sufficient to evaluate and make judgements about human resource management policies and strategies
- An ability to critique and analyse human resource management practices in order to make better management decisions
- Competence at a number of key tasks of human resource management