The integration of strategic business functions and processes by which business leaders prepare their firms for growth, and typical problems faced in planning for business growth.
Apply theories, models and paradigms of strategic planning. Understand macro environment and internal factors impacting businesses in international markets.
|Paper title||Strategic Planning for International Markets|
|Teaching period(s)||1st Non standard period (13 September 2021 - 29 October 2021), 2nd Non standard period (5 April 2021 - 21 May 2021), 6th Non standard period (1 November 2021 - 17 December 2021)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,254.38|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,731.13|
- CMBA 509
- Limited to
- PGDipBusAdmin, MBA, PGDipHealMgt, MHealSc, PGDipFBLM, MFBLM
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
For information on the parallel paper available for the Chinese Language version of the MBA, please see CMBA509
- Teaching staff
Convenor: Susan Steer
Textbooks are not required for this paper
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, interdisciplinary perspective, lifelong learning, communication,
critical thinking, cultural understanding, ethics, environmental literacy, information
literacy, self-motivation, teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- By the end of the course you will have gained a robust understanding of the following:
- Application of theories, models and paradigms of strategic planning
- The integration of the functions of a business, operationally and strategically
- Processes by which business leaders prepare their firms for growth analysis and diagnosis of typical problems which face businesses when planning for growth
- The macro environment and internal factors impacting businesses in international markets
- Critical issue assessment and resource allocation to address growth objectives
- Effective methods of synthesising large volumes of data and information and presenting plans to boards and senior decision-makers
- Effective presentation of ideas and recommendations under peer examination
- Teamwork under pressure, time management and conflict resolution