|Current position||Online MBA Technical Support Specialist
PhD candidate, Department of Tourism, University of Otago
|Previous position||Tutor in Global Tourism online summer school course (2019)
Tutor in Introduction to tourism course (2016)
|Education||Master’s in Management - National University of Malaysia (Malaysia) /University of Gothenburg (Sweden)|
|Country of origin||Iran|
Responsibilities and goals
- Support Otago Online MBA students and lecturers in using Zoom application
- Troubleshoot systems and network problems, and solve technical queries both during the sessions and between classes
- Log and keep records of the sessions and queries
- Stay familiar with all of Zoom’s main up-to-date features
- Support development and review of written instructions for students and lecturers
- Provide input on improvements to the Online MBA programme
International work and industry experience
Abbas has been working as a tutor and assistant since starting his PhD in the Department of Tourism. His PhD focuses on the relationship between sustainable behaviour and individual wellbeing in tourism. He has also served as a researcher in the Sustainable Development of Tourism programme for the United Nations World Tourism Organization.
Why does Abbas like working with the Otago Online MBA?
Working for the Online MBA programme means that Abbas can engage with and provide support for some of the most brilliant students and lecturers from around the world. In addition, interactions and discussion with other knowledgeable team members provide Abbas with opportunities to grow, not only as an IT support specialist, but also as an individual.
Why does Abbas think that Otago Online MBA is a great place to study?
The Otago MBA is among the top-ranked MBA programmes worldwide. The Online MBA in particular is rated the 3rd best online MBA worldwide by CEO Magazine in 2018. It is therefore a privilege to assist in this programme to enable students to study wherever they are in the world, combining a rigorous curriculum, quality teaching and committed staff and lecturers.