This flexible and highly personalised pathway is designed for professionals working in India who aspire to advance their career and become leadership-ready with an internationally recognised MBA.
Begin your journey online in India, then transfer to one of the world’s most beautiful campuses to complete your Otago MBA in Dunedin, New Zealand. Our online to on-campus pathway allows you to build the right program around your current career, life and family commitments.
Benefits of the Otago MBA India Pathway programme
- Gain a thorough understanding of our teaching style and your fit for the programme before you fully invest in a transfer to New Zealand and depart your country of residence.
- Attend our top ranked online classes using market-leading video conferencing technology that has been specifically designed for higher education teaching.
- Retain your full-time employment while you study part-time online initially.
- Experience the inclusive on-campus student experience when you arrive.
- Eligibility for post-study work visa and employment opportunities in New Zealand upon successful completion of your MBA.
How it works
The Otago MBA is a rigorous two-phase programme consisting of 12 compulsory papers (Phase 1) and challenging electives (Phase 2).
For our MBA India Pathway programme, you will study part-time to complete eight MBA online papers (Phase 1) while you remain fully employed in your home country:
- Each of the eight papers takes six weeks to complete with a one-week break in between.
- Class sizes will be kept small to ensure high level of interaction for online participants.
- Online classes will be taught twice over the weekend.
Once all eight papers have been completed online, you will transfer to The University of Otago in Dunedin, New Zealand to complete your MBA on campus:
- Complete four additional Phase 1 papers on campus
- Complete Phase 2 papers – there are different options available to suit your individual career goals.
Next intake dates
The Otago MBA India Pathway programme takes eighteen months to complete.
The next intake for new students is scheduled to begin in May 2024.
The minimum number of students per cohort is 20. If the minimum is not obtained by 1 March 2024, applicants will be provided with alternatives to complete their MBA with the University of Otago including online and campus options.
Otago MBA Fees
For a reputable programme that ranks among the world’s best MBAs, our tuition fees are comparatively affordable.
Additionally, the cost of living in Dunedin is among the lowest for New Zealand cities.
For the India section of the programme, pay your tuition fees as you go which are approximately NZD $4,000 per paper (x8 courses). Fees for the on-campus section need to be paid in full before start of programme.
Read about the fees structures of our full-time, part-time and India Pathway MBA programmes
How to apply
Find out more about intake dates, admissions information and entry requirements for the Otago MBA India Pathway programme.
The deadline for applications for the next intake is 1 April 2024.
Learn about the application process for the Otago MBA
For any questions, please contact the Otago MBA Business Development Manager.
Complete the online enquiry form