How HRM can contribute to the survival, adaptation and growth of organisations and a critical management perspective of HRM practices in order to make better management decisions.
Learn how good human resource management can contribute to the survival, adaptation and growth of organisations, and to evaluate and make judgements about human resource management policies and strategies.
|Paper title||Human Resource Management|
|Teaching period(s)||2nd Non standard period (7 March 2022 - 22 April 2022)
7th Non standard period (7 November 2022 - 23 December 2022) (Distance learning)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,292.75|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- CMBA 506
- Limited to
- PGDipBusAdmin, MBA, PGDipHealMgt, MHealSc, PGCertEM, PGDipEM, PGDipFBLM, MFBLM
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
For information on the parallel paper available for the Chinese Language version of the MBA, please see CMBA506
- Teaching staff
Textbooks are not required for this paper
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication,
Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy, Information
literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- By the end of the course you will be able to demonstrate:
- An understanding how human resource management can contribute to the survival, adaptation and growth of organisations sufficient to evaluate and make judgements about human resource management policies and strategies
- An ability to critique and analyse human resource management practices in order to make better management decisions
- Competence at a number of key tasks of human resource management