Thursday 2 May 2019 9:42am
EDOR Director Professor Rachael Taylor, also Deputy Head of the Department of Medicine at the University of Otago, and Research Theme Leader for A Better Start National Science Challenge, delivered her inaugural professorial lecture (IPL) on Tuesday 30 April, 2019.
Professor Taylor was promoted at the beginning of 2018, and this belated celebration of her achievements in both childhood obesity research and teaching/service to the University was aptly marked by a presentation of her research journey: "Move, Eat, Sleep, Repeat".
Watch Professor Rachael Taylor's IPL
Move, Eat, Sleep, Repeat. University of Otago, 30 April, 2019 (44m27s)
Learn more about Professor Taylor's research studies
- APPLE - A Pilot Programme for Lifestyle and Exercise
- Play - an intervention aimed to increase activity and decrease bullying at school
- MlnT - Motivational Interviewing in Treatment to talk with parents about obesity
- POI - the Prevention of Overweight in Infancy study
- BLISS - an alternative approach to introducing solids to young children
- SWIFT - support strategies for whole-food diets, intermittent fasting, and training
- DREAM - a study focusing on the relationship between sleep, nutrition, obesity risk and exercise in children
Professor Rachael Taylor delivers her Inaugural Professorial Lecture