Combined Heads of Department meeting 30-31 March
The recent meeting for HoDs from all campuses was held at Ōtākou Marae on the Otago Peninsula. Despite some delegates being delayed due to their flights, the gathering was a great success. Our special thanks to the hosts at the Marae and the welcome by Tuari Potiki, from the Office of Māori Development, who provided the background to the strong relationship between the Otago Medical School and local iwi.
Above: Top: Tuari Potiki addressing the OMS staff, followed by a workshop focussing on what the current and future plans are for responding to Māori health needs.
The powerpoint slides from the guest speakers and OMS staff can be accessed below: (staff username and password required) - please note these are not for wider distribution.
- Associate Professor Joanne (Jo) Baxter, Associate Dean, DSM, Te Pokapu o Hauora Māori / Centre for Hauora Māori. Maori Strategic Framework 2022
- Professor Vernon Ward - Dean, BMS update. Download presentation (PDF)
- Professor Barry Taylor - DSM update Download presentation (PDF)
- Professor David Murdoch - UOC update Download presentation (PDF)
- Professor Sunny Collings - UOW update (delivered by Associate Professor Sue Pullon) - Download summary (PDF)
- Professor Richard Blaikie, DVC Research & Enterprise - University Research update. Download presentation (PDF)
- Professor Professor Peter Deardon, Associate Dean, Research - Research activities and planning. Download presentation (PDF)
- Chai Chuah: Director-General of Health and Chief Executive - Guest lecture. Download presentation (PDF)
- Professor Tim Wilkinson, Associate Dean and Director of the MB ChB Programme - MB ChB curriculum update. Download presentation (PDF)
- Faumuina Dr Faafetai Sopoaga Senior Lecturer, Pacific Health. Download presentation (PDF)
- Tracy Huntleigh-Smith Strategy and Planning Manager ICT update - Download presentation (PDF)
- Professor Ian Tucker Associate Dean, Research Commercialisation update. Download presentation (PDF)
Thanks to the hosts, presenters and to those attending the meeting.
Peter Crampton, Dean OMS and Pro-Vice Chancellor, Health Sciences Division.