A postgraduate research opportunity at the University of Otago.
- Close date
- Friday, 14 June 2019
- Academic background
- Health Sciences
- Host campus
- Dean's Department (Wellington)
- Professor Sunny Collings, Dr Gabrielle Jenkin
We are looking for high quality PhD candidates interested in research focused on suicide and mental health. We would especially encourage an interest in the following priority areas of suicide research:
- Suicide narratives
- Assisted suicide (social, legal and ethical aspects)
- Youth suicide
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent grades at the Masters level in any of the following disciplines: psychology, criminology, social sciences, health sciences, nursing, or related discipline
- Be enthusiastic, self-directed and passionate about research
- Have some research background or work experience in mental health
- Be able to commit to undertaking a PhD full-time (minimum three years)
A candidate who meets the above criteria will have the potential to apply for an Otago University scholarship. If selected for our programme, we will then assist in processing the scholarship application.
To put forward an expression of interest you will need to provide us with the following:
- A cover letter that explains your proposed topic and what you could contribute to research in suicide and mental health
- Your CV
- Your academic transcript
- The names of three referees (preferably academic)
The work will be based in the Suicide and Mental Health Research Group at the University of Otago, Wellington, New Zealand and will be supervised by Professor Sunny Collings and Dr Gabrielle Jenkin.
For more information about the research group see: http://www.otago.ac.nz/UOWsuicideresearch.
ContactDr Gabrielle Jenkin