Medical students spend their sixth and final year of the MB ChB as trainee interns (TIs) within a teaching hospital. Our three clinical schools, three clinical schools: Dunedin School of Medicine; University of Otago, Christchurch; and University of Otago, Wellington, organise placements for final year students.
A limited number of clinical elective positions are also available for final-year medical students from recognised medical schools outside of New Zealand.
- Only final-year medical students of recognised medical schools are eligible for these electives
- Postgraduate students and graduating doctors should contact hospitals directly about undertaking international electives or internships.
Detailed information about these TI electives are available on our three clinical schools' websites:
- TI electives at the Dunedin School of Medicine
- TI electives at the University of Otago, Christchurch
- TI electives at the University of Otago, Wellington