Students from the Department of Media, Film and Communication are involved in a number of different areas, both in and out of the classroom. See some of the achievements and work being done by our students.
- The Department of Media, Film and Communication holds an annual essay competition to recognise the standard of 300-level undergraduate work and to reward the authors of the essays judged to be the best in each of the department's 300-level papers.
The full list of prize winners for 2017 is:
- MFCO301: Film and Media Theory: Chris Lam
- MFCO303: Advanced Communication Theory: Catherine Graham
- MFCO312: Communication and the City: Kira Pratt
- MFCO313: Culture, Politics, Policy and Global Media: Jacinda Kumar
- MFCO315: Digital Media and Society: Louis Day
- MFCO316: German Cinema: Jacinda Kumar
- MFCO317: Digital Culture: Todd Johnstone
- MFCO319: Contemporary American Cinema: Shaun Swain
- MFCO332: Special Topic: Digital Asia: Oliver Dearnley-Smith