NCPACS is undertaking a range of research projects within New Zealand, the wider Asia-Pacific region and internationally.
Current research projects include:
- Causes of war, political and other violence
- Conflict analysis, including conflict resolution and conflict transformation
- Third party intervention, mediation, peacekeeping, and peacebuilding development
- Post-conflict state/institution building and reconciliation
- The theory and practice of non-violence religion and conflict
- The aesthetics of peace - how peace is understood in music, literature, film, theatre and the visual arts
- Peace, justice, community and wellbeing
- Peace through health
- Development and peacebuilding in South East Asia and East Asia and the South West Pacific
The National Centre for Peace and Conflict Studies has strategic partnerships with a number of organisations including:
The National Centre for Peace and Conflict Studies is an associate of the Pressenza International News Agency. Pressenza gives visibility to news, initiatives, proposals and scenarios related to Peace, Nonviolence, Disarmament, Human Rights and the fight against all forms of Discrimination.