Invented in the mid-15th century, letterpress printing’s recent revival as an artisan form is flourishing where printing presses survive. This course is a rare opportunity to work with experts to explore the technique and its artistic properties.
During this intensive short course, participants will be fully immersed in letterpress printing by hand. Following an introduction / refreshment on the fundamentals of type, you will work on either an individual or a group project, set up and agreed in advance by John in communication with you.
Aprons and overalls will be provided. Please bring your own hand towel.
Who should attend?
Anyone who would like to extend their knowledge and skills in letterpress. Although some experience is advisable, beginners will also be welcome.
- 5:30pm–9pm Friday 22 March
- 10am–4pm Saturday 23 March
- 10am–4pm Sunday 24 March
- 10am–4pm Saturday 30 March
- 10am–4pm Sunday 31 March
- LPRP19 – Please use this code when paying online with your name as a reference.
- Online banking: Account number 03-0175-0660238-00. Please use your name and course code LPRP19 as the reference.
- Eftpos / Credit card: Available at AskOtago, University Central Library Building, Albany Street.
- Cheque: Make cheques payable to University of Otago and send with your name and course code to Continuing Education, PO Box 56, Dunedin 9054.
The times listed below span the whole course (i.e. start at 5:30pm on 22 March and end at 4pm on 31 March). See the times above for daily start and end times.
|Date||Friday, 22 March 2019 - Sunday, 31 March 2019|
|Time||5:30pm - 4:00pm|
|Location||Otakou Press Room, 1st floor, Adjacent to the Special Collections, Central Library|
|Contact Name||Jacqueline Fraser at Continuing Education|
|Contact Phone||+64 3 479 9181|