The Latin America Centre of Asia-Pacific excellence warmly invites you to this bilateral webinar co-hosted with the Center for International Studies of the Catholic University of Chile.
- COVID’s effects on global value chains (as experienced by New Zealand and Chile as South Pacific commodity exporters)
- Geopolitical tensions that preceded the pandemic
- A potential future of “slow globalisation”, and
- New Zealand-Chilean collaboration around trade diversification.
Perspectives will be shared by eminent speakers from both countries:
- Dr Alan Bollard, Chair for Pacific Region Business at Victoria University of Wellington, and former APEC Executive Director
- Vangelis Vitalis, Deputy Secretary, Trade and Economic, MFAT
- Rodrigo Yañez, Vice-Minister of International Economic Relations, Chilean Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Hermann González, Macroeconomic Coordinator, Latin American Center for Economic and Social Policies, Catholic University of Chile
- Professor Jorge Sahd, Director of the Center for International Studies at the Catholic University of Chile (CEIUC); and
- Stephanie Honey, Associate Director of the New Zealand International Business Forum
|Date||Thursday, 26 November 2020|
|Time||8:30am - 10:00am|