Med Moodle provides staff and students of the Otago Medical School with access to communication tools, course materials, discussion forums, online assessment and many other features to help manage their study or teaching:
Med Moodle: medschool.otago.ac.nz
The login page for the RMIP Discussion Board on the site is at:
- or you can access it using the hyperlink on the MED Moodle Welcome Page
Use your University of Otago username and password to gain access. There is a link on the login page for help with lost passwords.
If you need help with MED Moodle, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Rural Undergraduate Medical Education Summit 2014
The Rural Undergraduate Medical Education Summit 2014 proceedings (PDF, 2MB) are a collation of the presentations given by students, educators and administrators at the meeting together of undergraduate rural medical education programmes from Auckland and Otago Universities in October 2014.
Pat Farry Rural Health Education Trust
The Pat Farry Rural Health Education Trust supports the sustainability and quality of health services to rural communities.
One of its efforts is to support medical students in their Trainee Intern (6th year) electives in the form of the Pat Farry Rural Health Education Trust Scholarship and Pat Farry Rural Health Education Trust Travelling Scholarship. Recipients of these scholarships blog about their experiences and electives on the Trust website. In 2014, blog posts were written by:
- Natalie Irving, at Green Pastures Hospital and Rehabilitation Centre, Pokhara, Nepal.
- Laura Hammersley, at Vila Central Hospital, Vanuatu
- Gracie Souter, at Bairnsdale Regional Health Service Hospital, outside of Melbourne, Australia
- Clare Ogilvy, at Kalgoorlie Hospital, inland from Perth, Australia
- Meaghan Kelly, at Kalgoorlie Hospital, inland from Perth, Australia
- Natalie Ron, at Sale Medical Centre, near Melbourne, Australia
- Rebecca Craw, at Kanti Children's Hospital in Kathmandu, Nepal and King Edward Memorial Hospital in Stanley, Falkland Islands
- David Neynens, at St Bernard’s Hospital, Gibraltar
Pat Farry Rural Health Education Trust: www.patfarrytrust.co.nz