Medical education is recognised as a specific area of higher education. Otago Medical School supports and encourages those involved in health professional education to keep up with and contribute to research that will inform innovation in the learning offered to our students. The School is actively involved in many research projects related to health professional education.
Joy Rudland (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a first point of contact for anyone considering or undertaking medical education research. Joy will help to lead, coordinate and foster medical education projects for the Otago Medical School, and to support researchers in conducting medical education research.
Medical education research support
- Process for contacting our medical students for research purposes
- Peer review for upcoming research projects
- Pre-publication peer review
- Otago Medical School Medical Education Research Fund
- PhD scholarship – medical education
- Other medical education funding sources
- Medical education undertaken by Otago staff, by theme
- Major projects
- Medical education research outputs
Conferences, professional organisations, events
Resources to support your research projects into medical education and upskilling in a variety of research methods and approaches, including the Health Sciences library's subject aggregation page and links to various organisations which support medical education research and development: