In 2019 the University of Otago celebrates its 150th anniversary. As this milestone approaches, the University of Otago Magazine is looking back over the years, drawing on photographs from the Hocken Collections. In this issue we focus on the Dunedin campus.
Banner: The University buildings 1931, showing the new clock donated by Chancellor Sir Thomas Sidey, E.A. Philips Photograph, Box-237-004.
The newly constructed Clocktower (without a clock) 1878, Burton Brothers photograph, Box-093-002.
School of Mines and Students’ Building c. 1914, Guy Morris photograph, Box-141-002.
Professors’ houses (St David Street) c. 1910, Muir and Moodie postcard, Box-306-025
The Maheno and Marama Memorial Hall opening, Otago Witness, 24 April 1923.
Medical School (Great King Street) c. 1925, Frank Duncan & Co postcard, Box-305-005.
Foundations of the Arts Library (now Richardson) Building, 1975, Otago Daily Times, P1998-028/04-004.
Student Union Building, 1960s, Otago Daily Times, P1998-028/12-005.
Archway Lecture Theatres, c.1975, University of Otago Photographic Unit, Box-199-001.