Student applications for 2020 are now closed.
Applying for Science Academy (OUASSA)
To register for Science Academy (OUASSA) you need to:
- apply at the end of your Year 12 for Year 13;
- have a strong interest and passion for science, and the potential to excel at NCEA Level 3 / New Zealand Scholarship equivalent;
- commit to attending both January and July science camps;
- be willing to develop your science communication and teamwork skills;
- be nominated by your school, which must fulfil one or more of the following criteria:
- Small (<150 pupils)
- Rural / provincial
- Lower decile (1–6)
If that sounds like you, then contact your school's Head of Science, who will need to complete a Student Nomination Form on your behalf.
You then need to complete a Student Application Form telling us about yourself and why you want to join the Academy.
We also ask that you write a short essay telling us your thoughts on Science in the 21st Century (full details are on the Student Application Form).