27 September 2019 – Saint Margaret’s College
Launched in 2016, the Pacific Academic Staff Caucus (PASC) comprises University of Otago academics of Pacific descent. This September, the PASC will hold its inaugural symposium.
This gathering is significant as it coincides with the 150th anniversary of the University of Otago, which has embraced its place in the Pacific region and provided a home for Pacific students and staff.
This commitment is embedded in the University of Otago’s Pacific Strategic Framework (PSF) 2013–2020.
The life of the current PSF ends in 2020. This impending date and the historical moment the University is marking in 2019 offers the opportunity to reflect and discuss the future of Pacific at Otago from the viewpoint of Pacific academics and academics with an interest in Pacific issues and communities.
We invite you to join us and participate in critical conversations at the symposium and submit abstracts for presentation.
Abstract submission guideline
Abstract submissions are guided by the goals of the Pacific Strategic Framework:
- Demonstrating and Valuing Leadership on Pacific Matters
- Encouraging Pacific Research Excellence
- Strengthening Community Engagement
- Promoting Growth and Development
- Encouraging Pacific Curricula
- Contributing to the Pacific Region and International Progress
Abstract submission guidelines
- Abstract title
- Up to 5 key words
- Abstract of approximately 150–200 words
- Presenter’s name, title, and affiliation
Please email your abstract using the above guideline by 26 July 2019 to Allamanda Faatoese:
Register for free (with dietary requirements) by emailing Allamanda Faatoese:
Closing date 20 September 2019.