The development of specialised performance skills in music through individual tuition and workshops.
The emphasis in this paper is on the development of skills appropriate to the performance of Western art music in a traditional recital context. Individual lessons are given, and there are weekly classes and workshops.
|Paper title||Performance 2|
|Teaching period||Full Year (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,184.30|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$9,384.00|
- MUSI 101 and MUSI 141
- Limited to
- At least a C+ pass must be gained in MUSI141.
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission.
View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
- Teaching staff
- Paper Structure
- 100% internal assessment, including a final recital.
- Teaching Arrangements
- One 50-minute individual lesson, plus one performance class per week.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding,
Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Having been guided through a course of technical and musical study especially designed to meet their individual needs, students who successfully complete this paper should
- Have an appropriate command of instrument/voice and will be more capable of achieving expressive musical results
- Have an enhanced understanding of the repertoire for instrument or voice