The development of specialist singing skills necessary to enter a career in musical theatre.
This paper provides the student with a focused approach to music theatre repertoire.
|Paper title||Musical Theatre Voice 2A|
|Subject||Performing Arts Studies|
|Teaching period||Semester 1 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,092.15|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,073.40|
- PERF 103 (passed with a grade of at least C+)
- Limited to
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission.View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
- Teaching staff
Paper Co-ordinator: To be advised
Teaching Staff: Arlie McCormick
- Paper Structure
This paper covers recital and group singing with dance choreography.
- Teaching Arrangements
Three one-hour lessons per week incorporating group and individual lessons.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Course outline
Contact the School of Performing Arts for a copy of the most recent paper profile
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Research, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will
- Develop the necessary vocal and performance skills to enter a career in the music theatre industry
- Be able to perform using musical skills with awareness of the necessary concepts and their potential uses in the professional arena