The staff-led creation and realisation of a theatrical production (or productions) for public performance.
|Paper title||Advanced Production Project|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2020|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,333.93|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,661.93|
- 72 300-level THEA points
- With approval from the Programme Co-ordinator, the normal prerequisite may be waived for students with an equivalent level of knowledge. To do this, apply for Special Permission at the Review and Submit stage of your application.
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Music, Theatre and Performing Arts' website
- Teaching staff
- Paper Structure
Please contact the Department of Music, Theatre and Performing Arts office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a copy of the most recent paper profile.
- Readings for this paper will be drawn from a variety of textbooks. Your lecturer will give you a list of required readings at the commencement of the paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication, Critical thinking, Information
literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will be able to
- Analyse a play text in an advanced way with a view to performance
- Utilise advanced text analysis in performance
- Identify and solve complex problems in the rehearsal and production of a play
- Contribute to the creation of all aspects of a theatre production as a member of an ensemble