We have research opportunities in:
- Pharmacy Practice / Clinical Pharmacy
- Computational modelling
- Drug formulation and delivery
- Individualisation of drug therapy
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Cell and chemical biology
- Drug delivery to the brain
- Drug design, synthesis, and discovery
- Formulation and dosing
- Immunology and vaccine development
- Medicinal chemistry
- Veterinary pharmaceutics and delivery of bioactives
To be eligible for entry to postgraduate programmes at the School of Pharmacy, you must hold qualifications that are acceptable to the University of Otago. You should have at least a bachelor’s degree with honours, or preferably a research master’s in an appropriate field of study.
English language requirements
All courses at the School of Pharmacy are taught and examined in English. If your first language is not English, you must provide evidence of a satisfactory level of English language proficiency.
Applications for doctoral-level scholarships should usually occur when applying for admission, and should be attached to the appropriate admission form. The main doctoral-level scholarship, open to both international and domestic applicants, is the University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship.
There are also particular scholarships for Māori and Pacific applicants, as well as a number of specialised discipline-specific scholarships.
For further information, or assisstance in the application process after you have gained approal by a supervisor to apply for one of our PhD positions, please contact the Pharmacy Postgraduate Administrator: