School of Pharmacy Summer Studentships 2019–2020
The Summer Studentships are available to encourage the students to undertake a research project in any field relevant to pharmacy.
Each award will be in the form of a tax-free scholarship that will be paid as three instalments, the final payment upon receipt of a satisfactory report of the research undertaken.
- Students who will complete their BPharm at the School of Pharmacy, University of Otago, Dunedin, in 20220 or 2021 may apply 9I.e. current P2 and P3 students).
- Students are required to be on campus for a 10-week period between November and February in which to undertake their project (suitable to the supervisor involved in the project).
- Applicants are encouraged to discuss research projects with the relevant staff member.
- There are two School of Pharmacy administered scholarships – 1) Fred Fastier Research Fund Summer Scholarships and 2) School of Pharmacy Summer Scholarships (sponsored by the Division of Health Sciences) but there is one application form for both Scholarships. By submitting one application form students will be considered for each Scholarship, although students must only hold one scholarship in a given year.
- Fred Fastier Research Fund Summer Scholarships are for current P2 students only.
- Students should submit three documents
- The application form (PDF below)
- A curriculum vitae
- A statement saying why they want to do a summer studentship (e.g. skills or experience they have that relates to the project they wish to do, why they want to do a summer research project).
- Applications for both Fred Fastier Research Fund Summer Scholarships and School of Pharmacy Summer Scholarships must be submitted by email to email@example.com by Thursday 1 August 12 PM, 2019
For more information, refer to the handbook (PDF below)
- Selection is based on academic record.
- Students must achieve B grades and above in all subjects to be eligible.
- Fred Fastier Trust sponsored scholarships only available to P2 students
- Health Sciences Division sponsored scholarships available to both P2 and P3 students
- Students should submit with the application form, a current curriculum vitae and a typed statement saying why they want to do a summer studentship and what skills or experience they have that relates to the project they wish to do.
Details of available projects are in the PDFs below:
Dr Andrea Vernall
Other Summer Studentship opportunities
Health Sciences Division also offer summer studentships. Closing date for Health Sciences Divisional Summer Studentships is Friday, 23 August 2019.