How can the Clinics help you?
Are you suffering from a sports injury, back and neck pain, or a strained muscle?
Perhaps you are recovering from an accident or illness?
The School of Physiotherapy Clinics in Dunedin and Christchurch provide physiotherapy services for everyone and can help by:
- Assessing your problem and tailoring a treatment to your needs
- Giving you the choice of an appointment with a fourth-year student (supervised by staff) or with a physiotherapist only
- Incorporating hands-on treatment with gym-based and sports rehabilitation
At the School of Physiotherapy Clinics, physiotherapists, doctors, and sports science experts work together to provide the following services:
- Balance, Dizziness, and Vertigo Clinic
- Community exercise classes
- Headache and migraine Clinic
- Massage therapy
- Occupational health and return to work programmes
- Sports injury rehabilitation
- Unipol gym clinic
- Women's health clinics
Who will be helping you at the Clinics?
When you visit the School of Physiotherapy Clinics you will be seen by:
- Supervised students in clinics accredited by the New Zealand Physiotherapy Accreditation Scheme, ensuring high standards of practice
- Some of New Zealand's leading physiotherapists and technicians
- Clinical staff with diverse skills and advanced qualifications
Research in the Clinics
- The School of Physiotherapy often undertakes research projects through the Clinics. We may ask if you would like to take part. This will not affect your normal physiotherapy care.
- if you would like to help us with our research work pick up an Information sheet from reception, or ask your physiotherapist for more information