The term 'massage therapy' describes the manual manipulation of soft body tissues in order to enhance a person’s physical health and well-being.
Individually tailored treatments at the School of Physiotherapy Clinics take place in a safe, warm and comfortable therapeutic setting.
How we can help
Consider massage treatment at the School of Physiotherapy Clinics if you need to lower levels of stress and anxiety, relax tired muscles, rehabilitate injuries, reduce pain levels, and improve your overall health and sense of well-being.
In the right hands, massage therapy can make a very helpful contribution to health care.
What is involved?
- Swedish massage relaxes muscles, helps to reduce stress and anxiety, and can lower levels of pain or discomfort.
- Deep tissue massage assists in the rehabilitation of injuries and reduce pain.
- Lymphatic drainage can help to reduce oedema - or swelling, which can restrict movement and cause pain resulting from surgery or injury.
- Sports massage can be applied before an event helping to get the body ready for performance, or post-event in order to reduce muscle stiffness and promote relaxation.
- Myofascial release is used to reduce fascia - or connective tissue stress, and muscle tension resulting from trauma such as whiplash injury.
We may suggest a combination of techniques in a single session to achieve the best individual results.
To find out more or to make an appointment, phone: 03 479 5757 or email email@example.com