Factors influencing ageing well amongst older New Zealand men: A study of urban and rural areas of Otago and Southland Regions
Area of study
- Men's health and health-related quality of life
- Health interventions
- Prof. David Baxter, Centre for Health, Activity, and Rehabilitation Research, School of Physiotherapy, University of Otago (Primary Supervisor)
- Dr. Fiona Doolan-Noble, Senior Research Fellow, Department of General Practice and Rural Health, Dunedin School of Medicine, University of Otago
- Dr. Lizhou Liu, Assistant Research Fellow, Centre for Health, Activity, and Rehabilitation Research, School of Physiotherapy, University of Otago
- Master of Education (2017), Sichuan University, China
- Bachelor of Science (2014), Capital University of Physical Education and Sports / University of Malaya, China/Malaysia
- Gu LS, He Shuai, Xiao Hui, et al.(2016).Innovation and Practice – case studies on the recovery and reconstruction of Ya’an after 4.20 Lushan earthquake(pp.139-145,179-186,238-243).Sichuan University Press. The common treatments of sports injury and rehabilitation, Guidebook of Physical Education in Jingzhou City (pp.65-77). Yangtze River Literature and Art Press.
- Han ZQ, Xiao Hui (2017). The association between school bullying and adolescent’s health-related quality of life, deviance behavior and suicide in China. Journal of Risk, Disaster & Crisis Research.
- Xiao Hui (2017). Research on Physical Fitness and Skill of Chinese Emergency Firefighter. Sports Time.
- Xiao Hui, Zhao XL, Yu Jie, Wang Rong (2015). Summary of post-disaster needs assessment after 2015 Nepal earthquake. Chinese Journal of Disaster Medicine.
- Gu LS, Zhao XL, Yu Jie, Xiao Hui, Wang Rong (2015). The Needs Assessment of Nepal after the Earthquake: Process and Method. Global Rescue Information.
- Xiao Hui &Tamotsu Nakamura (Kobe University), (2016) “The collecting of 25 unclimbed peaks in Eastern Tibet, Himalayas” The 4th International Conference on Mountain Outdoor Safety and Health, Chengdu, China.
- Xiao Hui (2016) “The investigation report of 2016 national social welfare and advance” Institute of Social Science Survey, Peking University, Beijing, China.
- University of Otago China Scholarship Council Doctoral Scholarship
- University-Level Outstanding graduate students, Sichuan University
- First class scholarship, Sichuan University
- Ji’rui Individual Award Outstanding Scholarship
- Third class scholarship, Capital University of Physical Education and Sports
Why did you choose the School of Physiotherapy?
"With lots of online searching efforts and consultation from experts in my study field, I found that School of Physiotherapy, University of Otago, is one of the most reputable research institutes in the world. It has high social evaluation and academic achievement standards and best fits my career plan as a health and exercise sciences professional and researcher".