The hemiparetic knee: structure and function.
Area of study
- Potential adaptive structural differences at the hemiparetic knee post-stroke; and
- Biomechanical gait analysis of the hemiparetic knee in people with stroke.
- Professor Leigh Hale, Centre for Health, Activity, and Rehabilitation Research, School of Physiotherapy, University of Otago (Primary Supervisor);
- Dr Allyson Calder, Centre for Health, Activity, and Rehabilitation Research, School of Physiotherapy, University of Otago;
- Associate Professor Stephanie Woodley, Department of Anatomy, University of Otago; and
- Dr Peter Lamb, School of Physical Education, Sport and Exercise Sciences, University of Otago.
Professor Suzanne Kuys, School of Allied Health (Faculty of Health Sciences), Australian Catholic University, Brisbane, Australia
- Bachelor of Health Science (Physiotherapy), Auckland University of Technology, 2008;
- Postgraduate Certificate in Physiotherapy endorsed in Neurorehabilitation, University of Otago, 2015;
- Postgraduate Diploma in Physiotherapy (distinction) endorsed in Neurorehabilitation, University of Otago, 2016; and
- Master of Physiotherapy (distinction) endorsed in Neurorehabilitation, University of Otago, 2017.
Why did you choose the School of Physiotherapy?
Pursuing a PhD through the Physiotherapy School at the University of Otago has long been a dream of mine. The School has a strong academic reputation and is held in high regard by the academic community. Throughout my post-graduate studies, I was amazed at the wealth of knowledge and experience held by the team at the School. This wealth of knowledge and the evidence-based culture at the School, has spurred me on to step into research.
Best things so far about your study?
Having met so many talented and inspiring people that work at, and study at the School, I feel very blessed to be starting this journey with them by my side.
Waller C, Sangelaji B, Lamb P, Kuys, S, Woodley, S. J. Biomechanical differences at the hemiparetic knee in people with stroke: a systematic review and meta-analysis protocol. Physical Therapy Reviews. 2021:1-9. DOI: /10.1080/10833196.2021.1880037