A postgraduate research opportunity at the University of Otago.
- Academic background
- Sciences, Health Sciences
- Host campus
- Master’s, PhD
- Associate Professor Alexander Tups
If you want to find out why jetlag causes obesity or why Alzheimer's disease is called type 3 diabetes, join the Tups lab to pursue your MSc or PhD studies.
You can study
- The neuroendocrine control of obesity and diabetes
- How metabolism is linked to your body clock
- What happens to your body during street light – or exposure to digital devices?
- How specific nutrients affect brain function
We use state-of-the-art molecular and behavioural techniques and different model systems to answer these questions, including gene editing using CRISPR-Cas9, region specific gene-therapy, or metabolic phenotypic using a metabolic and behavioural phenotyping unit.