The Politics Programme was established in 1967 and has a well-established record of teaching and research.
We have 11 academic staff who are experts in their fields, and all are actively engaged in research that enriches their teaching.
We offer a range of degree options:
- A Major or a Minor in undergraduate degrees for students who want to get the opportunity to explore the key political issues in New Zealand and the world, and the big questions of political theory.
- A one-year Master of Politics programme for postgraduates who want to gain a higher-level qualification and expertise in Politics.
- Supervision of PhD and MA research degrees across a range of topics.
Politics also contributes to the following programmes:
- Master of International Studies (MIntSt)
- Major in Philosophy, Politics & Economics (PHPE)
Media & Outreach
Staff regularly contribute to community events, such as University of the Third Age courses in the South Island.
They are often interviewed on radio and TV and contribute analysis pieces to newspapers.
Search Otago's staff expertise database