The basic theories and debates in the international relations theory literature. Theories covered include: realism, liberalism, constructivism, Marxism.
|Paper title||International Relations Theory|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2023 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,810.00|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- Limited to
- More information link
- View more information on the Department's website
- Teaching staff
- Dr Nicholas Khoo
- Paper Structure
- Consultation Week: Discuss Review Essay #1
- Submission of Review Essay #1
- Consultation Week: Discuss Review Essay #2
- Submission of Review Essay #2
- Consultation Week: Discuss Review Essay #3
- Submission of Review Essay#3
There will be no course reader for POLS 540. Readings are available from Library short loan desk.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Communication, Critical thinking, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will have:
- The capacity to analyse and evaluate the issues and debates in the international relations theory literature
- The ability to conduct independent and self-directed research
- The ability to synthesise and integrate information from many sources into an original text