Wednesday 8 October 2014 12:08pm
- Students here are taught and supported by quality academic staff:the student-supervisor relationship is recognised as being vitally important.
- Otago offers more than 120 postgraduate programmes across all disciplines, from one-year postgraduate diplomas to extended research degrees.
- Each year, the University of Otago offers more than 260 postgraduate scholarships, worth a total of more than $18 million. Many other special scholarships are also available.
- Otago has a strong postgraduate community: more than 5,000 of its 21,200 students are studying at the postgraduate level. Otago also has the highest proportion of postgraduate research students of any New Zealand university.
- Otago recognises and supports the diverse interests and circumstances of postgraduate students: our students are treated as people, not numbers.
- Postgraduate students have access to an extensive range of services and facilities on campus, from careers advice and health care, to state-of-the-art library services.
- Otago's Abbey College is New Zealand's first and only residential college for postgraduate students.
- Students come to Otago from all over the world. The University has exchange agreements with some 90 prestigious institutions in 32 countries.
- Otago has ongoing success in attracting highly-competitive funding for research, attracting about $140 million each year.