Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
A supervised project involving original research and leading to the production of a dissertation.
This paper takes the form of an original laboratory-based research project under the supervision of an academic staff member that is conducted over two semesters. A final thesis is written at the end of the year. This paper is an essential component of the Biochemistry Honours programme but may also be taken as part of a Postgraduate Diploma in Science with approval from the Biochemistry Head of Department or their nominee. Completion of a BIOC 490 research project is required for direct entry into the PhD degree programme.
|Teaching period||Full Year (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,114.00|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- Limited to
- BAppSc(Hons), BSc(Hons), PGDipSci
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- Teaching staff
Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Scholarship, Communication, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will demonstrate:
- Effective analysis and communication of scientific results
- Laboratory research expertise