A dissertation on an approved and individually-supervised research topic in German; of up to 15,000 words if written in German, or 20,000 words if written in English.
Would you welcome the opportunity to shape and then create, with the guidance of a supervisor, a substantial piece of academic writing on a topic of your own choosing? A key element of an Honours degree in German at the University of Otago is a dissertation on a topic relating to German or German culture.
|Teaching period(s)||Semester 1
Semester 2 (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,620.00|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- Limited to
- BA(Hons), PGDipArts
- More information link
- View more information about GERM 490
- Teaching staff
- Dr Antonie Alm
- Paper Structure
- A dissertation prepared under supervision on a topic relating to German or German
To be submitted on the last day of Week 13.
- To be advised.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Lifelong learning, Critical thinking, Information literacy, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of GERM 490, a student will have:
- Acquired and deployed the research and writing skills necessary to define the terms of and write a dissertation
- Improved information literacy and familiarity with academic resources in both English and German
- Become very familiar with, if not an expert in, a particular subject area and its broader context
- Developed a critical appreciation of secondary material in the field
- Engaged in scholarship and gained an idea of what further postgraduate study might entail